Friday, January 18, 2008

Dodecarchedron

I posted an item to Twitter today regarding my architecture theme of the month:

face immense resistance to simple ideas, then watch people clamor for them once a clue sets in
This prompted a conversation with fellow architects Brandon Satrom and Mark Masterson. At first they remarked that this is not so much a theme for the month as much as a recurring phenomena. I commented that I randomly select from a pool of themes each month. This started the small flurry of conversation from TheSatch and mastermark.

Without further ado, here is a draft version of the 'Dodecarchedron'.



Feel free to embrace and extend at your whim. The themes could stand some iterative refinement.

I having a working prototype I now use for my monthly theme selection. I am hoping to report on results of its use later this year.

Based on a suggestion from Mark, I'm contemplating a version based on an icosahedron. Twelve themes does indeed seem like an insufficient buffer size for candidate themes. As Mark mentions, perhaps we will see a wave of IT organizations playing Dungeons and Architecture. :-)

But wait! There's more!

Perhaps even twenty is insufficient. Perhaps we should be considering a pentakis dodecahedron.

Enumeration of the 60 sides is left as an exercise for the reader.

No comments: