OK, many bloggers have posted predictions for 2008.
I decided it might interesting to chime in on the meme. I'm a tad tardy in publishing them, but I'm hoping you'll forgive my desire to gather my thoughts on the subject.
Without further ado, here are my Aloof Predictions for 2008:
- 2009 will arrive
You can debate it all you want - I'm sticking to my guns on this one.
- Predictions for 2008 will subside shortly after I publish this article.
For sufficiently loose definitions of the word 'shortly'...
- MOA will become a recognized term.
I get bonus points if this ends up being true for EOA as well.
- Google will go on another buying spree, for hard drive manufacturers.
I don't think this one requires an explanation.
- Massively parallel 6502 processors!
It's the wave of the future!
- Aloofix will make me rich and famous.
This could be the obligatory goat in the sheep herd.
- SOA will become a design pattern
insert your witty remark here
- I'll be out from under my Arizona house.
- Predictions one through eight will be wrong.
Read: I predict I'll have at least one correct prediction.
- The ninth prediction will be wrong.
Read: I predict I'll have at least two correct predictions.