Mike Walker points us to A Day in the life of an Enterprise Architect.
His underlying MSDN document provides a decent summary. I must say, however, I was expecting something else upon reading the article title.
I prefer some of the quotes in the graphic on the article on his personal blog.
- Can we support this?
- What will that VP think of these decisions?
- We standardized on .Net, I'm proposing something else...
- Is this service oriented?
- How does this fit into my portfolio? 10 years down the road?
Here are some that have passed my ears over the years:
- Here's the 500-page spec - let me know if there are any show-stoppers by COB tomorrow.
- How long will it take to get us to CMM level 5?
- Can we avoid cabling if we install wifi everywhere?
- Why does the printer keep jamming?
- Can we do it without using swing space?
- But I can buy disks at Fry's for a lot less than that!
- Why is an architect worried about why we removed the coffee machine in engineering?
- Do architects code?
(because printers do that..)